When a user offers feedback within an Intercom conversation, you can use the Userfeed conversation app to track the feedback on their behalf. This will:
- create a card for you to send
- link the user and the conversation to that post in Userfeed
- post a note to the conversation letting you/your team know that the conversation has been linked in Userfeed (showing the new Intercom tag to use for future users).
- Allow you to search all your posts, making sure you don't create duplicate requests
To use the app within a conversation:
- Open your apps by clicking the app icon at the bottom of the conversation
- Click the Userfeed app
- Briefly describe the request. This lets you search for any existing posts before adding a new one
- If linking to an existing post, click the desired post in the list
- If adding new feedback, add a description and select a feed
Here's what the flow looks like in Intercom:
Once you've linked the conversation, Userfeed posts a note in the conversation letting you know it's tracked:
You can now perform the same action using our inbox app as well! See how. This can be useful in certain cases when conversation apps don't show up as an option such as when a conversation is started via API or when it's started via a users email. This ensures you always have a way to gather feedback from a conversation!